Saturday, March 14, 2026

AI Stands For "Actually Indians"

AI as "Actually Indians" was the AI in Amazon's Just Walk Out stores a couple of years ago. We now have another version. From 404 Media:
'AI Is African Intelligence': The Workers Who Train AI Are Fighting Back

Kenyan workers are still the underpaid labor behind AI training, moderation, and sex chatbots. The Data Labelers Association is fighting back.

Yet another case where "AI" systems are actually underpaid & generally otherwise abused 3rd world workers. Again, we are living in the golden age of grifting.


From Rolling Stone:

The Black Crowes Have No Time for AI Songwriting: ‘It’s Lazy Bullshit’

“Who the fuck are you, that you would walk around like you did something? You didn’t do shit,” singer Chris Robinson says on Nashville Now podcast.

I am a horribly frustrated songwriter (I am a decent arranger IMO). I can't imagine using Generative AI to make up for my lack of talent in that area. What would be the point of that?


From the Bard of the Revolution, Cory Doctorow:

Three more AI psychoses

Everybody calm down.

...

It's [chatbot] fully automated luxury QAnon – a self-baking conspiracy that harnesses an AI in service to driving you deeper and deeper into madness:

This is a highly nuanced look at the AI bubble. Definitely worth a read.


I have now caught up on Bullshit Apocalypse articles!

Here's the home page/directory for my posts on Bullshit. This is post #106.

No comments: