Sunday, October 04, 2020

#MMT Twitter RT Rant

I'm feeling like I'm kind of done reading economics for a while. Instead, I will maybe be harvesting the crystals from the supersaturated solution in my brain. Via Twitter:
Show me the National Debt.
If someone set the National Debt to $0 in all the computers in the world, where exactly would we notice the difference?
The main purpose of our monetary system is to make sure rich people stay rich.
#NationalDebtIsaMyth #MMT FTW!
Thx to #COVID19 , US National Debt has surged past 100% of GDP. Disaster! Catastrophe! Ummm, not that I noticed.
Japan has been running National Debt > 200% GDP for 30 years. #MMT FTW!
So, what if the National Debt is 1000x GDP? 1000000x GDP?
If interest rates are negative, as they are some places in Europe, & close in the US, that's a money maker! #MMT FTW!
Please, show me the National Debt. A picture, please.
#Economics #EconomyOfPlenty #PostScarcityUtopia
#MMT, FTW!
#UBI #UniversalBasicIncome #UniversalNutrition #UniversalHealthCare #UniversalHousing #UniversalEducation #UniversalCapitalAccess
Hep me, @scottsantens !

No comments: