This novel is book 3 of the "Dogs of War" series. Book 1 is blogged here and Book 2 is blogged here.
Our story takes place maybe a good while after the 1st 2. The civilization of Earth has mostly fallen, Mars made it through some tough times with the help of Bees, a distributed intelligence whose hardware originally was bees, and a complete commitment to mutual aid. Then Mars receives a call for help from Earth.
We still have uplifted dogs & lizards, a human group mind, a few pre-collapse immortal humans still left. Some insightful & surprising ideas about the difficulties people raised on Mars would have returning to earth.
I don't think this novel had the moral tone of the earlier ones, of people being people regardless of their form. It was a lot more of an action novel. The last 10 chapters or so were as fast moving & exciting as anything I've read lately. I stayed up late to finish it.

No comments:
Post a Comment