Friday, April 17, 2015

Music In - CD

Holy moley, have I been slacking! No "music in" since November. I think it's because I ripped and processed a bunch of my youngest daughter's CDs, and ripped and processed a bunch of my old vinyl and didn't want to slog through blogging all of them. OK, brace up!

So, 1st let's go over the CDs. Ha ha, what was my youngest daughter listening to in the 90s and 00s?

  • Janet Jackson, "All For You", 2001. Some good songs and some annoying talking. 3 stars, 2 for talking.
  • Pete Yorn, "Music For The Morning After", 2001. I liked his recent album with Scarlett Johansson. No real standout tunes here. 3 stars.
  • Tristan Prettyman, "Twenty Three", 2005. Nice chick pop. 3 stars.
  • Ugly Casanova, "Sharpen Your Teeth", 2002. Decent alternative music, seems like I remembered a track or 2. 3 stars.
  • Digital Underground, "Sex Packets, 1990. Hip Hop, featuring the smash hit "The Humpty Dance". 2 stars.
  • Alanis Morissette, "Jagged Little Pill", 1995. These were some way edgy songs when they came out. I thought some of them might make it to 4 stars, but, nope, after a few listens, really didn't want to particularly hear again. 3 stars.
  • Destiny's Child, eponymous, 1998. A nice girls group. 3 stars.
  • Eels, "Beautiful Freak", 1996. Nice alternative including the hit "Novocaine For The Soul". 3 stars.
  • Varsity Blues soundtrack, 1999. A bit too brash for me at this point. 2 stars.
  • The Birdcage soundtrack, 1996. Mmmmm, I got nothing. 2 stars.
  • Armageddon soundtrack, 1998. Heavily Aerosmith orientied, I've never been much of a fan. 2 stars.
  • Dangerous Minds soundtrack, 1995. Rap and hip hop, including the hit "Gangsta's Paradise". 2 stars.
  • Empire Records soundtrack, 1995. The best of the soundtracks here. "Til I Hear It From You" by Gin Blossoms is a nice tune. 3 stars.
  • Titanic soundtrack, 1997. Heroic orchestral w Irish overtones. 2 stars.
So, nothing really "Wow that was great, so glad to rediscover it".

No comments: