Tuesday, December 17, 2013

10 Books

Hmmm, a friend on Facebook did a post of "10 books that have stayed with me" and tagged 10 people, of which I was 1, and asked us to do likewise. Man, hard to do. But seems like a fun mental exercise, to actually go back over my whole life and list books. I'll do these in rough chronological order by when I read them. Well, here goes:
  1. D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths, Ingri d'Aulaire
  2. A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
  3. The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas
  4. The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger
  5. 1984, George Orwell
  6. The Viking, Edison Marshall
  7. The Stars My Destination, Alfred Bester
  8. Dune, Frank Herbert
  9. The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, Julian Jaynes
  10. Guns, Germs, and Steel, Jared Diamond
Huhn, kind of an odd list, but given the "don't overthink it" directions, I'll stick with it.

No comments: